As a membership organization, the Cincinnati USA CVB is committed to fostering business opportunities and creating an environment of success that benefits our members, stakeholders, citizens and the region as a whole. By offering a variety of programs that promote Cincinnati USA as a premier convention and tourism destination, we serve as an access point for you and all of our members to dozens of organizations and thousands of people who visit our region for business and leisure each year.
Together, we share a common goal: striving for excellence as we put our collective best foot forward. To do that, we've set high standards for ethical business practices that preserve the reputations of the CVB and our members alike, and this letter will serve as a reminder to ensure that those high standards stay top of mind for us all.
As you continue to provide outstanding service through our partnership, let’s agree that both the CVB and the member businesses pledge to adhere by the Cincinnati USA CVB Code of Business Practices:
- Accountability. To provide value and high standards, offering a safe and family-friendly destination, and abide by all City, State and Federal laws.
- Professionalism. To consistently honor all commitments and ensure customer satisfaction through courteous and respectful business practices.
- Excellence. To strive for excellence, providing value in quality products and exceptional service.
- Responsiveness. To handle all inquiries, requests, transactions and complaints promptly with dignity and fairness.
In addition, please keep in mind that all businesses which require a license/permit and proof of insurance to operate in the city and at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, are required to adhere to the City of Cincinnati’s laws and the airport’s policies. Due to this requirement, before the CVB can approve a membership, the business must submit a current copy of their license/permit and, if applicable, proof of insurance to the CVB's Membership Department. If it is determined that a member has breached the code of compliance, the member will have 60 days to cure the breach.
At all times, the Cincinnati USA CVB and its members will conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standard of personal and professional behavior and will not act or authorize action which will be deemed as detrimental to the reputation, image or goodwill of the Cincinnati USA region. We are all partners in promoting and advancing our region as an exemplary convention, meeting and tourism destination. To that end, we all must engage in relationships of mutual respect and professionalism.
If, in the unlikely event, a member breaches the Cincinnati USA CVB’s Code of Business Practices, the membership could be suspended and/or discontinued. Reasons for discontinuation or suspension include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Excessive complaints regarding quality, product or service
- Misrepresentation by a member of their relationship with the Cincinnati USA CVB
- Engagement by member businesses or their employees in acts of impropriety or the appearance of impropriety that would adversely affect the reputation of the Cincinnati USA CVB or be determined to be detrimental to the goals and standards of the Cincinnati USA CVB
- Violation of City, State or Federal laws
- Termination and suspension of a membership may result in the forfeiture of any paid membership dues that had been incurred up until the time of suspension or termination.
Thank you for your business support and continued commitment to the growth and success of Cincinnati USA. Please do not hesitate to contact Belinda Wunsch, Membership Manager, either at BWunsch@CincyUSA.com or 513.632.5381, if you have any questions or need clarification on any of our member policies and practices.