Reports To: Vice President Communications & Strategic Development
The Cincinnati USA Convention & Visitors Bureau is a sales and marketing organization whose sole focus is on strategic marketing of customized "wow" experiences for the meetings and conventions industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting and driving the activities of the Communications Departments to enhance and build upon convention and destination marketing campaigns that enhance Cincinnati USA’s image and sales.
- Develop content and oversee execution of strategic communication tools (newsletters, press releases, etc. to educate the public (membership, public officials, media, and business partners) about CVB programs and initiatives.
- Develop and drive content for new CVB blog, social media platforms. Drive execution of Social Media Plan; manage and implement Social Media strategies.
- Manage web site content in partnership with Marketing.
- Provide direction to PR agencies to develop communications/media/PR calendars; pitch stories to local, regional, national trade publications.
- Coordinate familiarization tours for journalists and provide assistance to journalists developing stories on Cincinnati USA.
- Research and audit all collateral material and web site content on a regular basis to ensure for accuracy and changes in the market
- Research and develop analysis of competing cities’ marketing materials and development and compile monthly reports.
- Three to five years experience creating and executing marketing/communications plans, including media relations, social media and online efforts.
- BA/BS degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or communications.
- Exemplary oral and written communication and organizational skills. Includes a strong command of the grammar usage, vocabulary, proofreading ability.
- An intermediate level of skill using Microsoft office products (PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and effectively work across departments and levels of leadership with strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Cincinnati USA Convention & Visitors Bureau is an aggressive sales, marketing and service organization whose primary responsibility is to positively impact the region's economy through convention and trade show expenditures. The travel and tourism industry traditionally has been a $3.4 billion industry in Cincinnati USA, employing 81,000 people in a variety of fields.